Trusts and Estates
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas, 2015
- Editor-in-Chief, Texas Tech Estate Planning & Community Property Law Journal.
- Board of Barristers Member
- Bachelor of Arts, History, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 2012
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas State Courts
- U.S District Court—Northern District of Texas
- U.S District Court—Southern District of Texas
- U.S District Court—Eastern District of Texas
- U.S District Court—Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Tel: (512) 347-1604
Fax: (512) 347-1676V-Card
Mr. Johnston is a Partner in our Austin office who brings a unique perspective to problem-solving even the most difficult litigation matters.Originally from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mr. Johnston lives in the Texas Hill Country with his wife and their son. Knowing he wanted to make his career in the courtroom, after graduating from the University of Calgary, Mr. Johnston attended Texas Tech University of Law—a school renowned for its litigation training.
Mr. Johnston represents individuals and business owners in a variety of civil litigation matters. He understands that fundamentally at the heart of every dispute, are people. Even in the most contentious cases, Mr. Johnston provides the measured and fiercely detailed counsel clients seek. When a case takes the parties to the court room, his experience at all levels throughout Texas allows him to push for the best possible outcome for his clients.
While based in Austin, Texas, Mr. Johnston routinely handles matters across Texas in both state and federal courts. Mr. Johnston is uniquely qualified to handle an array of civil litigation matters including business and commercial litigation, construction litigation, real estate and homeowners association disputes, products liability, and fiduciary matters including probate and guardianship litigation.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Austin Bar Association
- Robert W. Calvert American Inn of Court, Associate